Skip to main content

 




Together and Apart , Letters from lockdown, Covid 19, 2020.

materials and application:  reclaimed industrial felt,  hand-made dry felt, paper, paint, text, hand stitch;   hidden within the letter are samples relating to my Masters Practice exhibition work.


 I was inspired to write a message to myself, that to stand firm against political whitewashing, that we, each citizen should be seen and heard, that each life matters.   Hidden within our arduous challenges, there is strength in kindness, of the individual, and even greater as a united collective. 





A local artist and community exhibition, recalling our personal and collective experience of the pandemic.

Together and Apart, 10 - 20 June 2021
Former Market Hall, Union Street, Wakefield, WF1 3AE
open times to be confirmed 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk