Skip to main content

'Silent Witness' Installation

'Silent Witness'- Shadow Self, Photograph.


'Silent Witness' Painting

The above images are part of 'Silent Witness' Trilogy 1, to acompany the 2D works there is a short real time film.

Silent Witness Installation is expressed by different forms of media works which denotes ‘Regeneration’ by way of archetypal metaphor; the different media is to effect the connections of archetype on many levels.

Silent Witness portrays; the physical rebirth of Wakefield, the storehouse of history; cyclical vision and creativity.

The symbolism of trees represents perpetual regeneration therefore signifying ‘life death life’ cycle which is a focus in my Creative Practice. The imagery of Silent Witness depicts the winter of life, the shadow self, the seeds of new beginnings.



'Silent Witness' is my current installation as part of the opening of The Hepworth, Wakefield.


The Hepworth, Wakefield, Gallery Opening .



My 'Silent Witness' Installation can be viewed as part of The Wakefield Art Walk 25th May 2011 5-9pm.

AT:

At The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield, WF1 2TE.
01924 377740
http://www.the-arthouse.org.uk/


Carrie Scott-Huby
Artist
carrie_scott_huby@yahoo.co.uk
http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/
http://www.carriescott-hubyartist.blogspot.com/

http://www.wakefield- artwalk.fdawebdesignhost.co.uk

'Silent Witness' can be viewed at The Art House, Wakefield, UK; this is a seank preview to my Exhibition and Residency in January & February 2012 at The Art House.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk