Skip to main content

Liverpool Biannale 2016 Shakespeare Now!

 
 Shakespeare Sonnet  Artist Book
Re-claimed wool yarn hand knitted & felted, original watercolour on handmade paper, text.

I love the visual language of repeating text over & over allowing it to form its own rhythm whilst becoming abstract in meaning.


Shakespeare Sonnet 
From you I have been absent in the spring                                                                 
When proud-pied April, dressed all in his trim
Hath put a spirit of youth in everything
The heavy Saturn laughed and leaped with him,
Yet not the lays of birds nor the sweet smell
Of different flowers in odour or in hue
Could make me any summer’s story tell
Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew
Nor did I wonder at the lily’s white
Nor praise the deep vermillion in the rose;
They were but sweet, but figures of delight
Drawn after you, you pattern of all those.
        Yet seemed winter still, and, you away,
        As with your shadow I with these did play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk