Skip to main content

Nest - Silver Birch new developments

Nest - Silver Birch
re-claimed yarn hand knitted, re-claimed animal welfare paper, text.

Nest - Silver Birch is the beginnings of a new development with Nest Your Kindness Collections.
The inspiration being  a strip of silver birch I acquired on my journey home from Dumfries & Galloway summer '15.

I was surprised to discover, on the unfurling of the silver bark, that different species of insects were nestled together within the folds of the bark.

This set me questioning were the insects nestled together to take shelter from the insistent Scottish rain?  Or are the different insects happy to make a home together - because they were not to eat each other?

I do love tree bark, especially silver birch, it's gentle strength, healing qualities creatively the subtle colours & paper like quality.

Carrie Scott Huby
weaver of image, process & story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk