Skip to main content

handmade book workshop


Coptic binding book
a particular design of book I've wanted to attempt for awhile now.  Pleased with my first attempt.  I very enjoyed the rhythm of the stitching.


 
 
Japanese stab stich books.
Experimenting with details of stitches and belly bands.
Very much looking forward to making many more and experimenting with my own prints within the books. 
 
The above were produced during a workshop I attended delivered by Yorkshire Artist Katrina Cowling.
 
 
 
Carrie Scott Huby
Artist   weaver of image, process and story.
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk