Skip to main content

Ties of Peace



 
Ties of Peace



Ties of Peace are products from thoughts of deliberation upon “what is peace”?
 
Also with the notion that if those in governance were to wear a knitted tie would there be a kinder more nurturing world society?
 


Ties of Peace is part of The 'Stitchery Collection'


‘Stitchery’ is a collection of re-claimed woollen knitted sculptures and artist books. My starting point is the process of traditional techniques.  I use the interplay of the different media to emphasise the individual qualities of process and media.  I allow work to emerge intuitively whilst holding a specific intent of outcome thus resulting in its unique visual narrative.

For ‘Stitchery’ I have explored the cyclical nature of life of things with a focus on aspects of  historical and contemporary perspective.


 

Carrie Scott Huby          Artist    Weaver of Image Process and Story
I create beautiful, unique collector’s edition fine art prints and artist’s books which tell a personal story. They are hand crafted with decisive combined media making a heritage gift for an intimate experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk