Skip to main content

Formulation of ideas and influences during the Residencey at Batley






I had the intention of audience participation, in the way narration. Every body’s story is important. I feel strongly that much social history is being lost.

Visitors were encouraged to leave written experiences of Batley. I would the visually translate this in compositions. This is still in progress.

I was overwhelmed by people’s generosity. A few of people shared their materials they use in their own compositions, born from shared experiences and creative passions.

Other regular visitors would instigate philosophical debate. An honour indeed!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk