Skip to main content

more colour explorations


'Paris' this image was produced in response to a visit to Paris as an Art Student in 1990.
This is on display with other archival artworks and inspirational "stuff" from my studio!

7th October 2009 Colour exploration. My starting point was "The Beautiful Batley Map". It's Geometric forms.





As I started I was surprised I chose a heavy black line, I thought to myself "I don't do geometric"!





All the while thinking of a friend Carol Holloran, who is moving a way from geometrics and going organic, she claims with influence from myself?




Today's colour exploration on packaging paper. I did enjoy having the strong line to work with, then a little abandonment!


As I was photographing the image, I noticed the portrait behind, and noticed a similarity. colour line, technique.




The above thoughts occurred whilst re-arranging and removing working drawings and paintings. Purposefully changing dynamics. Changing my pattern of production.




Or so I thought..... when I look round this (large) gallery approx 50' x 30', I have a mini revelation ! And I realise my patterns are distinctive. The above images I think depict this?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... I love vast stretches of sea and sky, I feel I am on the edge of something, an anticipation hangs between, betwixt sea and sky...   

braving new technology

During my Artist-in-Residence at Batley Art Gallery, West Yorks, Uk. Autum 2009 I was filmed talking about the the art work I was producing for that specific Aerist-in-Residence project. My huge thanks to my friend Si, I am now on You Tube: an interview with Carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY2hF2gyO4 The film was made by Si King, Skater, Photographer, Film Maker , Lover of Adventure, along with snow100. Enjoy! Carrie. http://www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk/

Chaos in a Cabinet!

Recently I exhibited at The 13th International Artist Book Fair, Leeds University. Cabinet of Curiosities: an interactive exhibition of new relational book works by the International online Artist Book Collective. Please find out more on Artsit Book Collective on Facebook. Chaos Theory is composed with re-claimed materials and using tradtional techniues. Carrie Scott-Huby www.pinkmooninspires.co.uk